Healing Hand Foundation is a charitable organization that provides assistance to help meet some of the unfunded medical and health care related needs of SEARHC beneficiaries and veterans.
Healing Hand Foundation is widely known as an invaluable partner in creating healthy Southeast Alaskan communities through its commitment to individual well-being of body, mind and spirit.
Am I eligible?
- You must be a SEARHC beneficiary or veteran
- You must have an unmet need (see our "funding guidelines")
- Your unmet need is not covered by private insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, Denali KidCare, VA, etc.
What types of medical goods and services are covered?
- Durable Medical Goods: medical supplies and equipment- for example, wheelchairs, dentures, eyeglasses, walkers, and colostomy supplies, and orthodontics.
- Pharmaceuticals: Medications not available at SEARHC pharmacies, such as certain specialized cancer, diabetes, cholesterol, and blood pressure medications.
- Travel: travel related to medical treatment (that falls outside SEARHC travel policy) will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Bus and taxi vouchers are available to patients to travel to and from medical appointments.