Healing Hand Foundation is a charitable organization that provides assistance to help meet some of the unfunded medical and healthcare related needs of Alaska Natives and veterans.
Am I eligible?
- You must be a SEARHC beneficiary or veteran
- You must have an unmet need (see our "funding guidelines")
- Your unmet need is not covered by private insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, Denali KidCare, VA, etc.
What types of medical goods and services are covered?
- Durable Medical Goods: medical supplies and equipment- for example, wheelchairs, dentures, eyeglasses, walkers, and colostomy supplies, and orthodontics.
- Pharmaceuticals: Medications not available at SEARHC pharmacies, such as certain specialized cancer, diabetes, cholesterol, and blood pressure medications.
- Travel: travel related to medical treatment (that falls outside SEARHC travel policy) will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Bus and taxi vouchers are available to patients to travel to and from medical appointments.